Friday, January 11, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different


Okay, I must have been in a silly mood, because I decided to do this as my daily painting. Now I know I'm not an abstract painter by nature but sometimes you just got to do something for fun...
Last night, my friend Amanda and I went to see the Leibovitz and Adams shows at the Corcoran. It was an absolute crush. I preferred the Annie Leibovitz's landscapes and photographs of non-celebrity's than her more famous work. Much more compeling I think. Ansel Adams is always great, but we felt that his work has been so overly popularized that when we saw a piece that we recognized it didn't seem to have the impact it should have. Still, beautiful, beautiful work.

5 comments:

lmp said...

I think you should do some more abstract work. I like this.

tinaduryea said...

Thanks, I appreciate that! I have fun with it sometimes!

lmp said...

It is very liberating.

Unknown said...

Look forward to seeing what new things you try.

kaslkaos said...

Just passing through; this one's really beautiful. I love the colours and the depth.