Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Artomatic 2008

Hello All!

Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to let you know that I am participating in this year's ARTOMATIC. For those of you who haven't heard of it, Artomatic is a fantastic (FREE) annual DC Art Event featuring approximately 1,000 Artists running for 6 weeks. There is a huge range of creative expression: Painting; Photography; Sculpture; Installation; Film; Performance Pieces; Musicians; heck they even have a Tattoo Artist on the 12th Floor. Upwards of 60,000 people are expected to attend this years Artomatic which is to be located in an absolutely stunning new building located at 1200 First Street. To learn more about Artomatic (and for directions) please visit
www.artomatic.org.

I have a space on the 11th floor right off the elevators. Artomatic will occupy the 4th through 12th floors (in addition to the ground floor) but the 11th floor will definitely be the place to be (I've got a bunch of friends showing on that floor and they are all awesome!)...but most importantly the MAIN BAR is there! If you get off the elevators I will be on the side directly opposite the bar, and my spot should be pretty hard to miss.

Since Artomatic runs for such a long stretch of time, I will not always be there. So if you want to see me I have come up with the following schedule of when I will definitely be there. There will probably be other instances when I check in, but these are when I promise to not only be at the show but be in the vicinity of my section.

Here is my schedule:

Friday May 9th - Opening Day - 3:00pm to 5:00pm (from 5:00pm to 10:00pm I will be volunteering so I don't know where I will be).
Friday May 16th - Meet the Artist Night - 5:00pm to 10:00pm (apparently this is one of the best nights to attend)
Friday May 23rd - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday May 24th - 10:00pm to Midnight (I will also be volunteering from 5:00pm to 10:00pm but don't know where I will be)
Wednesday May 28th - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday May 30th - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday June 6th - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday June 13th - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday June 15th - Closing Day - 3:00pm to 7:00pm

I will probably be there at additional times but so far these are the dates that I am committing to. Hope you can all stop by.


Please, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions! This is a fantastic event and I am super excited to be participating, and I hope everyone comes out to support the Arts in DC.

If you aren't familiar with my work you can check some of it out at www.tinaduryea.blogspot.com.

Also, please feel more than free to forward this to anyone who might be interested and invite whomever you wish.

Tina

No comments: