Monday, September 22, 2008

9/22/08

This will be the last update for probably the next two weeks...I am in the process of moving so won't be working as much as I would like. I am happy with all the progress I made last week. I have toned down the saturation of the painting (especially in the background) and continued with the shading of the body of the horse. I also made a tremendous amount of progress with the rider. I extended her leg significantly (because I was way off) and I think I am pretty close to done with the saddle area. I have been focusing more on the area from the saddle back so my next area of concentration will be the front end and the horses head.

I really like posting images as I go along...for some reason seeing the painting on a computer frequently guides me in my next step. I have also been viewing my reference photos on my computer, which has been really nice because I can zoom in on an area to really see what it needs to look like.

As soon as I am able I will post more.

No comments: