Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sorry!


For being away for awhile. Between all the traveling and stuff I kind of slacked on posting. Well, Florida was exciting! One of the things that I was most pysched about in Florida was getting some great images to work from...I've got two big new paintings in the works.


The first is a painting of a Canadian Grand Prix Horse named Gentle R. Eryn Ballard is riding him. He's young and they are bringing him along. The first day I saw him he won a class in the meter forty. The class had about 70 horses in it. So I got a photo of him going over a big oxer. The painting I am doing is 90" by 52". I learned the hard way that it helps to get the proportions right from the begning, so I start with that. I print out the photo and map some landmarks. This image shows how I do that...it's kind of boring and involves math but it's how I figure out what goes where.

No comments: