Monday, March 25, 2013


 Todays painting is my interpretation of 'Garlic Scapes'.  Kind of a funny subject matter, so I will share how it came about.  On my Facebook Page I asked for suggestions for subject matter last week.  They were to be geared towards my abstract pieces.  A follower, who has a husband who is a very talented landscape architect suggested Garlic Scapes.  I didn't actually know what they were and had to google them.  They are the curling tops of Garlic bulbs that are edible...I think sort of like chives.  If you don't cut them they flower.

My abstracts are a lot of splatter paintings.  But because of the way the Scapes look, I wanted to have the long curling shape of them.  I did not want to paint them in a traditional manner with a brush.  I took a few pieces of the twin I use for shipping and bound them together and dragged them through the droplets of paint.  I did other stuff to.

If you want to see more pictures, or to purchase this drawing...please go to:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/127472747/garlic-scapes

No comments: